Spent yesterday at the LiTTLe Conference in London – Learning Trust, Trusting Learning.
Very nice to see some old friends, put some faces to Twitter friends and see some well-known autonomous home educators in real life.
- Imran Shah – Social worker and active member of email lists, with an articulate passion for parent-baby attachment. Talked about the vital importance of parent-child attachment.
- Sandra Dodd – US Unschooling guru. Talked about living thoughtfully in the present and fostering a sense of wonder.
- David Waynforth - Research scientist on human behavioural ecology. Talked about children’s food choices.
- Mike Fortune-Wood – Home education veteran, advocate and editor. Talked about the challenges facing Home Education in a political climate of increasing State control of childrens’ personal lives.
- Alan Thomas & Harriet Pattison – Researchers into how children learn and informal learning.
- Schuyler Waynforth
Considered writing a bit more about each – but KP Nuts has beaten me to it! The LiTTLe Conference in London 11.6.11